chrusion | FX ("cruise eon effects") is the sole proprietorship of Dean A. Scott and specializes in 3D animation of industrial illustrations, visual effects, and graphic design as well as audio and a bit of video editing and production services.
We were originally founded in 1998 in Flint, MI as Silicon Magic. We then moved down to near Chattanooga, TN in 2000 and changed our name in 2005 to chrusion | FX in order to establish a unique and professional brand name amoung the world of other "oddly" named animation companies. The word "chrusion" is the Greek word for "gold" and to our knowledge (and Google) no other company in the world is named thusly (it also insures we come up as the first hits in web search engines).
You can contact us at:
chrusion | FX
10148 Larkspur Dr.
Collegedale, TN 37363
Our prices are flexible around these rates...
- Network 1080p/720p program title opens start at $250/sec.
- Local broadcast news opens, logos, and IDs begin at $150/sec.
- Graphic design, video, and audio services are billed at $50 - $75 per hour.
We provide you with personal attention during every phase of the project, from storyboards, to shaded motion previews and sample renderings. We keep you up-to-date on the progress of your project. You always have the final say from start to finish so that when we hit the render button, edit, post-process, and deliver your project, you will get exactly what you want.
We master to and deliver our products digitally via internet or data CD/DVDs in any file format and codec desired: Quicktime, Windows Media, Flash Video, DVD, and/or image sequences.
Software at our disposal includes:
- NewTek, Inc. Lightwave 3D
- Sony Vegas and DVD Architect
- Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, inDesign, Dreamweaver, and Flash.
- We currently have a small 3D render farm composed of three Intel i7 quad-core machines, one i3 dual-core, and one Xeon 5140 dual-core for a total of 50 GHz of processing power.
- We charge 50 cents per GHz-Hr and have access to much larger and faster farms for more intensive rendering.